Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Montague, PEI to Stanley Bridge, PEI

I was not finished with my visiting on PEI. The next morning I went for a bike ride with Anne. When I returned I raided her garden for yellow beans and tomatoes. (She’d told me to take as many as I wanted, so I did as she had a large crop.) I thought they would be good to bring along to Stanley Bridge where I was going to visit an old friend from my Calgary days.

Ross has lived in Stanley Bridge for a few years now. Stanley Bridge is slightly west of the middle of the island. On the western edge of the Cavendish area and Prince Edward Island National Park. Ross was working so I took my time heading north and west. I stopped in St. Peters for fish and chips at Rick’s Fish and Chips. (Recommended by Sandra and also in some book on best places to eat in Canada.)

Then I visited the very eastern part of PEI National Park in Greenich. It’s an area of sand dunes and beaches (as is much of PEI National Park). We spent some time walking the boardwalk to the beach in the wind and rain. (Did I not mention that the day had dawned chilly and very windy?) Not ideal beach weather. All a moot point as dogs are not allowed on the beaches in the national parks.

P1230312

We arrived in Stanley Bridge just a short time before Ross arrived from work with pork chops. A meal of string beans and pork chops from the bbq and a bottle of red wine hit the spot. While the pork chops were grilling Ross put together a wonderful dessert with fresh peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment